Thursday, January 06, 2005

What, Me Worry?

I know I can complain about things.
Like a little rain on an awesome vacation. Or that my girlfriend is leaving. Or that my stupid web site is broken. Or that I'm sore from playing hockey. Or that it's too cold outside. Or that my football teams aren't doing well. Or even my fantasy football team isn't doing well. Or that I suffered through a bad movie. Or that I couldn't see everything in Glacier.

But that's all crap. My life is grand. I have cool new shoes and everything is smelling like roses. Stuff has been going on lately. Bad stuff. And it's all happening to everyone else.

I have a friend that just got divorced after a little over a year of marriage. Oh, and I have another young (around my age) friend that got divorced. And a friend who broke off an engangement. And I have a friend whose parents just separated. And I have a coworker whose grandfather just died (albeit peacefully at 92 years old after a wonderful life). And I have a friend whose long time family friend keeled over and died in the middle of running a race. And I have a friend, who is 8 months pregnant, whose husband just died in an avalanche while backcountry skiing. And a coworker who broke his leg in that same avalanche.

And that doesn't even touch upon any global trajedies occuring right now. These are just people I know. My thoughts and prayers go out to all of the people involved, and I'm just so thankful that I lead such a charmed life.

I live in Bozeman, Montana and have a job that pays the bills and isn't stressful. I have way too much stuff that can entertain me in a myriad of ways. I just visited my brother, who works in the exciting world of TV, in sunny Los Angeles. My parents just bought a new business in Minneapolis and are excited for what the future holds in that regard and are excited about moving back to Minnesota. I have another brother who is a Marine and a Vet and is married to one of the most wonderful girls I know. They have the cutest, funniest kid I've ever met, and another will be arriving this Summer.

I play hockey and volleyball for fun, and I'm pretty good at both. My Gophers won their bowl game and the Vikes have a chance to knock off the Pack in the playoffs. I have a huge group of friends that get together pretty often and always have a great time. Some days the only thing I have to worry about is whether to save my burger or my corn dog to eat last in order to maximize my enjoyment of dinner. (that actually took place in the Arctic Circle restaurant in Havre, MT) I got a bunch of sweet stuff for Christmas, and everyone else enjoyed the presents I gave them. I might be moving to sunny LA sometime in the next few months to open another new chapter in my life.

And that's not even a full list.
So you see? I really have nothing to complain about.

1 Comments:

At 11:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, that was probably your most awesome blog yet...well written, funny, compassionate, philosophical and honest... well done

 

Post a Comment

<< Home