Friday, December 17, 2004

blah

I'm very bummed today. I'll talk about it more after this weekend, but I'm bummed.

I've had a great week though. I left off my tale of the weekend after Friday.

On Saturday was my company's Christmas party. It was lots of fun. The dinner, prime rib, was very tasty. The gift giving was very fun as well. At the beginning of the night we were given $25 of fake money to be used in an auction for the gifts at the end of dinner. We exchanged money in a couple of ways before the auction. First, some people sold their drink tickets for more money. Second, if you heard anyone say the word "Christmas" they had to give you $5.

The auction consisted of around 50 presents or so. They were all wrapped so you didn't know what you were bidding on. Steph took the first gift with only $10 and it was a big jar of chocolates. Perfect! After that the bidding took off and some gifts went for $70 or $80 or even $90. Some of the gifts were pretty disappointing to some people though. Like a liquid soap dispenser or a picture frame. Towards the end of the auction, when the big spenders had finally spent all of their money I finally won an auction. When I opened it up it was a daily Dilbert calender. Perfect! I have gotten one for Christmas for like 3 or 4 years running, so I loved it.

After the party Steph and I decided to rent a movie. We wanted to get Dodgeball, but it was out. So we got The Terminal. Steph really likes Tom Hanks and we had both been curious about the movie. There were certain things I didn't like. For instance the "bad guy's" motivation just didn't seem real. I really didn't believe he was doing all his stuff for any reason. But the movie was cute and Tom was of course excellent.

I can't for the life remember what happened Sunday, but I think I mainly just relaxed and had dinner with Steph. Very nice indeed.

On Monday night my roommate took a bunch of people out to celebrate passing his Licensed Surveyor exam. That was nice. There were nine of us and we had a good time. Tuesday was the win in hockey.

On Wednesday I made my Chicago Style Deep Dish Pizza, which, if I may say so, is very good. I made it for Steph and Eric. We had a good time eating and it filled us up. After that Steph and I were finally able to rent Dodgeball, which we enjoyed quite a bit. It could be pretty, but it kept us laughing pretty much the whole time.

Anyway, that's pretty much my life up to date. Tonight is a birthday/congrats/going away party. It is Ricarda's birthday and Steph just graduated and is going away. Hopefully I will be able to enjoy myself. Steph's family is getting into town very soon and will be coming to the party as well, it will be nice to see them again.

2 Comments:

At 2:12 PM, Blogger Steve Eck said...

I just want to say remember to 'Enjoy your weekend'. You don't want to end up regretting it because you got too hung up on being bummed by the situation.

Enjoy the time you have.

 
At 2:58 AM, Blogger newplanet said...

Hope you had a good time, Brenden and managed to keep your chin up throughout the festivities. Of course, good luck to Steph wherever she is a-travelling to. Just think of the jolly holidays you'll now be able to take - see, every cloud has a silver lining.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home