Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Hockey...hockey...hockey

I got into Bozeman on Sunday afternoon and got home about 5pm. I then unpacked, ate, unpacked the rest, and then took a nap for a couple hours before getting up to go play hockey. I was tired, but them's the breaks. So off to the rink I went to play against the hated Black Angus. We ended up losing 3-1. I had a few nice shots, but nothing went in. I was only a -1 for the night and even that wasn't my fault. A dude on the other team launched a weak bouncing shot from the blue line and the goalie just didn't put his body in front of it and it bounced past him and in. That was a little frustrating.

After hockey I went home and tried to fall asleep, without much success. Tossing and turning, turning and tossing until probably around 2am. At work yesterday my vision started to shake and blur from exhaustion near the end of the day. Oh, and I had a hockey game last night as well. And that game was not looking to be much fun as we were playing a power league team. Ouch.

We didn't actually play that poorly. But the score registered our lack of skill and experience in relation to the other team: 9-2. I felt I played a pretty good game and one stat backs this up, I was +2 for the night. I was on the ice for both of our goals and none of the opposing goals. I was pretty proud of that fact after the game. We only had two sets of defense, so I was out there a lot, but they never poked one in. But of course, we still lost badly.

I'm not too tired at work yet today, but the afternoon lull hasn't hit yet. Oh, and I have another hockey game tonight. That's right, three nights, three games, all at 9:30pm. Yawn. You know what's nice though? I did nearly nothing but eat and sit around while down in LA (I did bike 10 miles one day though) so this is good to get right back into some activity to burn off some of the excess I'm sure I accumulated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home