Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Hockey update

Well, well. We won last night! It felt pretty good. Except that it was bitter cold out. Just about 0 degrees with a wind whipping through the bench. Our team played just okay over all, but well enough to beat an inferior team. I am overall happy with my performance, though, as always, I could have done better.

I had a number of scoring chances that I couldn't convert on. On one I was leading the break and got over the blue line and I dropped it to a teammate. He got a shot off that wasn't really strong but the rebound bounced straight to me right in front of the net. I shot it twice into the goalie's chest before he covered it up. Darn.

One other time I was on a two on one break with one of our weaker players. I laid a nice pass across to him where he was alone with an open shot. But instead of taking a shot he whipped a pass back at me a little too hard and a bit off the mark and the puck went into the corner.

Another time I pinched at the blue line, picked the puck up, and carried it around the net. When I came out from behind on the other side I had a man wide open just back off of the scrum going on in front of the net. I got it to him right on the stick and he took a shot, but the goalie stopped it and covered up.

Here are the overall stats for the year so far:

DateResOppScore+/-GAPShotsPIM
TOTALS5-10-239-56-5112243


A couple of notes. The total goals don't include 4 games that I didn't play in, I don't know the scores to those. The penalty minutes may look strange at 3, instead of 2. But in our league minor penalties are 3 mintues because the clock is always running.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home