Friday, September 03, 2004

Mmmm, waffles

One has to have tasty lunches in the middle of the day to keep one going.

One of the things I like to have most when I go home for lunch are Belgian waffles. I make half a batch of Bisquick waffles and bake them in my waffle iron. Most of the time the amount is just right though sometimes it is a little too much. I eat my waffles with creamy peanut butter and maple syrup (usually Golden Griddle syrup). The peanut butter part was learned from my dad at a very young age when we camped a lot all over Minnesota. I believe he learned it in Boy Scouts, and what I'm thinking is that it came with a desire for more protein and calories at breakfast before a hard day. Me, I just love the taste and consistency, stemming from the facts that I love creamy peanut butter and I love maple syrup (since I don't really need the extra calories for certain).

What this sometimes does is affords me a chance to partake in one of the simple pleasures of my life. For no apparent reason I love opening a new jar of peanut butter and taking that first swipe out with a knife. It's just one of those things. I remember when I was little I always wanted to be the one to finish the peanut butter and then open up the next one.

That's your random Brenden tidbit for the day.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home