Thursday, September 02, 2004

Newsflash: I'm a P.I.M.P.

What? Just wait, there's an explanation...

A couple months ago I found out from a fellow blogger from Scotland that the situation surrounding names for soft drinks can be even more confusing over there. I mentioned this fact again on his blog and found out about Irn-Bru, which I saw on another site called "Scotland's other national drink". Well, that was very interesting. We (in the US and especially Montana) don't really hear all that often about beverages in other countries. When I lived in Germany we drank Fanta (which has a stupid Flash-y official site that has nothing to do with the drink, so I won't link that) all the time but never really saw it over here. Now they have commercials and all sorts of stuff.

Anyway, I had to keep browsing the site that had the review of the drink, The BevNET, and look at other drinks. They had a listing of the Top 10 Viewed Reviews. Predictably at the top was Red Bull, which they pandered as horribly tasting but gave it credit for starting the whole "energy drink" craze.

On a personal note, I really can't stand most energy drinks. I actually liked AMP Energy Drink the few times I've had it, though I suppose it doesn't hurt that it is made by sweet Mountain Dew. My old roommate out here would drink Monster Energy drink every day driving back from Big Sky after surveying. I couldn't stand the stuff, though the review does say that the taste has been redone.

Moving on, so what should be second on the viewed reviews list but PimpJuice. PimpJuice? Wow, that sounds like a winner of a drink. The review mentions that the drink actually tastes quite good and is made by a company headed up by rap star Nelly. With this fact in hand I had to find out more.

I went to the home page for the drink and the first news item is about how Nelly's charity, 4Sho4kids (gotta love the hip name), is creating a college scholarship program called "Positive. Intellectual. Motivated. Person.", or P.I.M.P. Classic.

In summary: I'm a P.I.M.P. and I didn't even know it.
That was a lot of buildup for not much excitement, but that's the way it goes sometimes.
P.I.M.P.in' ain't easy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home