Monday, August 30, 2004

Painting and moving

This weekend was pretty busy. I am beat.
I spent Friday night not doing enough that was productive, though Steph and I did go out to dinner at Bennigan's which is always tasty and then we went shopping for painting supplies in preperations for Saturday.

Saturday arrives and there is painting to be done. Since I am lazy I didn't get up until much later than I wanted to and we didn't get started until like 10:30 or 11am. Stephanie (my interior decorator) had the idea of a two colored room, a darker color on windowed walls, of which there were two, and then a lighter cream color on the opposite walls and the trim. I thought, hey, that might look nice and it was certainly different from anything I had had before. So we went for it.

The darker color chosen was a light blue gray and the cream was just a light cream. Steph did all the trim and the windows while I did all of the big open wall spaces with a roller. It took us all day long. We finished at like 8:30 after which we ordered pizza and rented Chicago, which I really liked. I did two coats on all of the walls and Steph did basically one coat on all of the trim. She was getting tired and motivation was running very low by the end. I also did a little touch up on some of the edging Steph had done. But the worst part (though it didn't turn out to be the worst part until yesterday) was getting the roller almost up to the ceiling. I would have to stand on my tip toes to get up there. So to keep with the rolling action and get from side to side, I was bouncing on my toes.

It didn't make any difference that night. But the next day my hammies were feeling super sore and I had no idea why. Steph and I had talked about going on a run, but never got around to it. From what I know about medical science I think you have to actually do the running to get sore. I don't think talking about running affects your muscles. I was walking around all day (and this morning so far as well) with pain and I didn't know why until Steph pointed out how I had been painting the day before. I can't believe how much it affected me.

Anyway, the room turned out nice. The cream is a little more yellow than what I would have wanted, but it's alright. It definitely gives the room more character than what it had before and more than pretty much any other room I've had in a while.

So yesterday was spent moving stuff. I have almost everything over in my new house. The main focus was to get my bedroom set up so I have a comfortable place to sleep. I just have my computers left, a lot of clothes, and a couple of la-z-boy chairs. Other than that it's just nik-naks and small crap. Every time I move I tell myself that I'm going to start packing all of this stuff earlier so I can go through it all and throw away stuff I don't need. But instead I wait until the last day and throw everything into boxes and keep it until my next move.

Well, that's all folks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home