Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Zzzz

I'm not sure that the world cares but boy am I tired.

Moving has taken a lot out of me, I can hardly believe how much. This afternoon has dragged on almost unbearingly. I usually go home for a late lunch maybe 12:30 or so, sometimes even 12:45 with the idea that I'll get back later and then the afternoon will be shorter. But today we had a picnic here at work for lunch. Not that I'm complaining about free bbq'd beef, brats, pop, chips (that's the snack kind like Cheetos and Doritos for my readers from the UK), and chocolate cake.

(As an aside, I was going to put a link to the Cheetos and Doritos webpages in the list above but they are both horrible Flash monstrocities. If you didn't have any experience with either snack you would have no clue what was being "advertised" by looking at the respective homepages.)

I am a huge fan of free food. Heck, I'm a huge fan of eating in general, but free food usually tastes that much better. The only problem was that the picnic started at noon, and with nothing to do but eat and chat (unlike at home where I have a TV or computer or book to occupy my lunch hour) I didn't spend a whole hour away from my desk. Even though it was only an extra 45 minutes or so added to the afternoon, in my current state it has been difficult to manage.

The weekend is a substantial 2 days away and when it arrives it won't even be that relaxing. I am sure I will feel like doing nothing but lay around and make sure to catch my beloved Gophers in their season opener on ESPN2. But with the Labor Day holiday on Monday this weekend is the best opportunity for Steph and I to go up to Glacier National Park. I know I'll have a good time, it is supposed to be absolutely beautiful and much different than Yellowstone, but I'll be tired.

Anyway, the day is almost done, I'm quite happy about that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home