Tuesday, September 07, 2004

It's already *what* time?

There you are, my loyal readers, with your browsers open, clicking the refresh button, waiting all day for the post. What post? The Glacier post!

That's right, we did go to Glacier this weekend and had a wonderful time of it. I have many astonishing stories to tell that will amuse and delight. Well...I at least have have a few anecdotes about a couple things that happened.

But I will not be able to relate them all today. Time has passed swiftly here at work after the long weekend. It's definitely nice in that the day didn't drag by but I missed out on posting any stories since I don't yet have internet at my new house.

I took a bunch of pictures but I have to be honest and say that most of them didn't turn out all that well. I was quite disappointed with them. I am starting to wonder if my camera is going on the fritz. It has a few peculiarities and I am hoping that the quality doesn't start to suffer. I will say though, the lighting was very difficult this weekend and I am not a very good photographer. I point and click. My camera isn't the most customizable as far as settings go but I hardly use any of them. Usually the auto settings work fine but when things aren't perfect the quality can suffer.

The problem with lighting was that for much of the time it was completely overcast. There were clouds hanging over much of the park in many of the more beautiful places. The picture I will post is a picture of Jackson Glacier, which can be seen from Going-to-the-Sun Road, which crosses the park from West Glacier to St. Mary. I will post other pictures later, but not as many as I had wanted to, they just aren't that good.

So here's Jackson Glacier:



Of course, what this all means is that I'll have to go back one day. To see the sites covered by clouds and to take more pictures.

One thing that I will mention was that I actually had a dream on Sunday night that I got back into town and saw in a newspaper that the Gophers got shutout by Toledo 31-0. It was quite disturbing. Well, when I got back to Steph's house and finally got on the internet (after unpacking everything) I found out that it didn't happen that way, much to my relief.

I'll try to put more up tomorrow. Until then!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home