Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Loving Life

Well, SoCal is nice.
For the first couple of days the temps got up to the low 70s. Much nicer than the zero degrees and lower that I left in Bozeman (and that my parents had left in Chicago and that my brother and Steve stayed in in Minneapolis.)

After I flew into LAX Brian and I headed to pick up my parents at their hotel in Westwood, a really nice neighborhood next to Beverly Hills. From there we headed out for lunch at this nice little place towards the ocean. As we were in the shade we did need to wear long sleeves, but the sun was shining and the sky was blue. After that we headed for the PCH, the Pacific Coast Highway, US 1. We drove up the coast and past beaches and past hills and nice neighborhoods into Malibu.

Malibu, as you may imagine, is quite nice. We didn't even see all of it (it is a 27 mile long city on the coast) but from what we saw we wouldn't have minded living there. We ended up stopping at a State Park beach and getting out for a while. For the next two or three hours we just walked up and down this very secluded and private beach and enjoyed the ocean. We stood in the surf, skipped rocks, and just enjoyed the beautiful days. We took a number of pictures, which I hopefully will be posting some time soon. They are all on Brian's main computer and he's working on it nearly constantly.

After our time on the beach Brian drove us over a canyon to the San Fernando Valley. Have you ever seen movies or Saturday Night Live skits with "Valley Girls" in them? Yeah, it's this valley. We then headed back to Brian's place, in Palms, and ordered pizza for dinner and watched Dodgeball. It was hilarious. Steph and I had watched it earlier in the week, but it was funny the second time as well.

That was my first day in Los Angeles, so the trip started out well.

1 Comments:

At 6:20 PM, Blogger Steve Eck said...

Argh, I'm jealous of the 70-degree temps. That would be so nice!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home