Thursday, September 09, 2004

So cozy

The sleeping accommodations that Steph and I had for our trip to Glacier were definitely first class. Steph had just gotten a new bed at her house so she had a twin matress (which, ironically enough is the bed I slept on in high school! I'll tell that story later) lying around not being used. Drawing on the experience I gained on my first trip to the Beartooths (this was my 3rd trip) I figured we could fit the matress in the back of Steph's truck. Hmmm.

My idea involved taking Steph's truck with the matress in the back and slinging my tent's rainfly and my tarp over the topper and then lay our sleeping bags on the matress. Let me tell you, it lived up to my expectations. I have some pics.

The first is of the roofing arrangments. This is the first night; on the second night it got even better. I used some of my tent poles to hold the door part out a bit from the truck. The way it was the first night the ends of our bags were actually touching the fly and got a little wet.



This is just a view inside. Steph's sleeping bag is on the left, with a big down blanket on top--she gets chilly kind of easily.



We were very comfortable and slept very well. I don't fall asleep very easily in the best of conditions, and when camping I often toss and turn for much of the night trying to fall asleep. I was out pretty quickly those two nights, which just made the trip that much more pleasant. No one likes to be around a tired, cranky Brenden.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home