Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Mmmm, finger steaks

Yesterday Brian left me a message before I got home from work that the whole gang (Brian, Ricky, Amber, Sean, and Heidi) was going to dinner at the Oasis that night and that they (Brian, Ricky, and Amber) were leaving now and would be out there shooting pool and drinking beer. It was the first I had heard of the plan, but it was a good plan. Then I got a message from Sean saying that he and Heidi were indeed going but Heidi wasn't home yet. Then was another message from Brian saying that the 3 were there and would be awaiting the arrival of the rest of us. I gave Sean a call and he said he and Heidi would come and pick me up as soon as she got home.

They arrived and off we went, 30 minutes west on I90 to the town of Manhattan. A left turn at the only stop sign in town and were walking into Sir Scott's Oasis. Brian, Ricky, and Amber were indeed there, shooting pool and drinking beer. Brian and I ordered some finger steaks and Jo-Jos (breaded potato medallions deep fried) and then shot a game of pool while we waited. Brian of course beat me, but that's okay.

Sean and Heidi, in their years of living in Bozeman, had never been to Sir Scott's, which surprised me a little. Sean is a big fan of barbeque and meat and also of deep fried foods. Well, what are finger steaks but breaded, deep fried, strips of steak? He thouroughly enjoyed his meal as did Heidi with her steak.

Afterwards the plan was to head south to the Norris hot springs, which I had never been to. On the way there Heidi missed the exit off of the freeway and since there is really nothing in Montana the next exit wasn't for another 5 miles or so. So after a 10 minute delay or so we were back on the right track. Unfortunately when we finally arrived at the hot springs, the sign said open Wed-Sun. Darn! Unfortunately Brian's vehicle was nowhere in sight. We had lost them with our little detour. So we headed back home.

My three houseguests came back later after they had gone to the Bozeman hot springs. Quite the backup plan indeed. All in all it was a fun night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home