Monday, January 31, 2005

Another Productive Weekend

So this weekend was probably more productive than last weekend. It's crazy. Brian got into town last night and I wanted the house to be semi-presentable when he got here. He can be a little picky about stuff like that. I did laundry, a bunch of dishes, vacuumed two rooms, cleaned up a bunch of the bathroom, cut my hair, and turned my matress over (that was just for me, not because Brian was coming). That's a pretty good list of stuff for me.

On Friday night I went over to a Emily's house and played a game with a bunch of girls. There was one other guy there, but he was smart and just stayed out of the whole thing. It really wasn't bad! Well, there were actually two guys there for a while, but one of them got sick and started walking home. I don't know how far away he lived, but we all thought he just went outside for some air or a smoke. But he never came back.

Then on Saturday I went out to meet (what I thought) was going to be a few friends for a surprise Birthday party for Emily. I got there a little early and met Sean and we were going to wait until one of the organizers found us and told us what to do. Ricarda finally found us and let us in on the news and wouldn't you know it, the birthday girl was brought too early and the surprise was ruined!! I didn't even get to say surprise. It was a little maddening, but we still all had a great time and Emily was surprised nonetheless. There were maybe 25-30 people there, pretty crazy. The restaurant we went to, Santa Fe Red's, had a "sun room" that was separated from the rest of the restaurant. The whole gang was in there and completely filled the room up.

My most exciting part of the evening was trying to order before dinner. Okay, there were lots of people and I'm sure it is easy for the servers to get a little disoriented and maybe forget about a few people. Well, we had two servers and they decided to split the party in half to make it a little more managable. So the guy serving my half of the table (I was right at the border) came up to me and the girl sitting next to me, Katherine, who is Emily's new roommate, and asked us if we were a couple (they were putting all of the couples on separate checks). We both laughed (along with our friends) and said no. He said okay and asked for Katherine's order, she said she wasn't ready so he took off to come back later. Well, he did come back later and take Katherine's order, and then skipped me. I was not to happy. The dude ran off but I was able to track down the girl who served the other half of the table and get my order in. The night was saved.

Okay, that's all for now, I have to go to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home