Monday, December 20, 2004

*sigh*

Thanks for the kind word gents.

I know you're all sick of my bellyaching, so I'll try to keep it to a minimum. Today I'll regale you with a tale of overcoming hardship and defeating hardwork.

It is well known that I hate washing dishes. I just don't like to do it, so if I have to do it I want to do it in as easy a way as possible. (That sentense had 14 two letter words, including 5 in a row. That's got to be some kind of a record.) As you can imagine, I wasn't to keen on hard work--including dishwashing--this weekend, seeing as how I had just been made single with my girlfriend leaving me to go home. A pile of dishes had started to accumulate earlier in the week and had no thoughts of slowing down. Something had to be done, and there was no one to do it but me.

So, what did I do? Did I clear out the sink and fill it with soapy water? Did I roll up my sleeves and plunge my hands into the greasy melee? Did I brush and scrub as I had never brushed and scrubbed before? No. I went straight to work at getting our portable dishwasher to work.

It came with the house and Eric and I had tried to get it to work once before, with no luck. For some reason we couldn't seem to get the nozzle hooked to the faucet with a tight enough seal. No water would actually get to the machine.

But this time it would be different. This time I really wanted it to work. Because this time, I would have to do all of the dishes.

After much finagling and cajoling I finally figured out what we had done wrong and I had the nozzle attached to the faucet. Now the moment of truth. I turned the machine on and...nothing. No water was going in, it was just running. Bummer. But wait! What is this I hear? The water, it is flowing, the machine is working! Eureka! It just wanted to run a little before starting the water up.

So I loaded the dishes up and put some soap in and set it to run. No water...no water...no water. Hmm, this seemed to be taking longer...whew! There it goes.

You have no idea how nice it felt to have all the dishes being washed while I played a computer game downstairs.

So there you have it. When you're not feeling tip top you have to take the small victories. Hooray

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home