Thursday, November 18, 2004

Lazy office day

Lazy office day? I am getting pretty repetitive on this here blog, aren't I? I talk about being tired. I talk about food. I talk about how my football teams are doing poorly. I talk about hockey and volleyball. Hmmm, that isn't going to stop today, but maybe I'll try to see if I can come up with *something* else to talk about sometime.

I usually work in the field on Tuesdays and Thursdays but I switched today with yesterday because my boss (the only other computer guy in the office) has left town for the weekend--the lucky dog is going to go see Michigan at Ohio State, he's a big Michigan fan.

So my week this far has been: a hockey game Monday night, then 9 hours in the field on Tuesday. Then after work I had a volleyball game. Straight from volleyball I went to pick-up hockey for an hour or more. Then yesterday I had to work in the field today. I was beat when I got home. Instead of laying around doing nothing I went over to Steph's house to have dinner and listen to/help with an oral book report she has to give for one of her classes. After that I went home and went pretty much straight to bed.

We played pretty well overall in volleyball on Tuesday but ended up losing our match. We didn't play well for a big stretch in the first game and that ended up being our downfall. The second game was much more to form and then we just fell a bit short in the decisive game. I even had a few nice hits (spikes for the non-familiar) and blocks.

Hockey on Tuesday night, the pick up game, was more tiring than our real game on Monday. There were 14 guys there, so we had 5 on 5 with two subs for each team. I spent a lot of time on the ice, which is the point I guess. Lots of practice at all different positions and just a good work out. There was actually one goalie there as well. There aren't usually any, so we have to put up this board with holes cut out over the mouth of the goal. Those things are super hard to score on (at least for me) so I like playing against goalies a lot more. I did manage to put one by the goalie and had a few ineffectual shots on the big board, so that just reinforced my position.

We ended up losing our Monday night game, which was a bummer. Again, we didn't play that bad, but we had a few breakdowns that ended up with goals. One thing that wasn't as good as our previous games was that we didn't have nearly as many scoring chances. I don't think I had a shot on net all game. We ended up losing 4-2 but it should have been 3-2. We pulled the goalie late in the game and the other team iced the puck with about 15 seconds left. For some reason (laziness?) the refs decided to not call the icing and the other team got down and scored a goal with 5 seconds left on the clock. It was a bunch of crap.

So here's the picture of the season for me through 3 games:

DateResOppScore+/-GAPShotsPIM
11/12/04LBoilermakers2-4+100000
TOTALS1-29-10+211260

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home