Wednesday, November 10, 2004

zzzleepy

Okay, I'm definitely not feeling as sore as I thought I would feel today, but I'm way more tired. After walking around all day, then playing volleyball, then playing hockey, and finally staying up too late to post about it, I'm feeling a little tired today. I did get a little extra sleep by way of sleeping through my alarm! That felt pretty good and I only showed up an hour late (don't worry, I let my boss know I'd be late). Not that it really mattered as it has been a very slow day today.

My eyes are drooping as to make it hard to see the words I am typing right now. I may have to break down and spent the 50 cents for a green can of Mountain Dew.

I actually had a Dew two weeks ago. We were having a going away pizza party for a few people who were leaving. Whenever we have a party here the pop machine is opened up so that everyone can have a can during the festivites. For this occasion I grabbed a can of Dew with the intent of drinking it at some other time (probably cheating the system) because I was happy with my water at that time. After the party I put it in my desk to be enjoyed on some later date. I can't quite remember now but that later date turned out to be either "the next day" or "later that day". I was feeling slightly tired and really thirsty and there was a full can of Dew in my desk. What did you want me to do?

The unfortunate thing was that the can had warmed to nearly room temperature and thus didn't have quite the same thirst quenching properties I was used to. It actually didn't taste all that great and I ended up being mad at myself for choking it down while not even enjoying it. What's the point of putting needless calories, sugar, and caffeine in my body if I'm not going to enjoy it?

Luckily I don't think I have anything going on tonight. I can relax and try to do very little--and maybe even go to bed at a decent hour. There were a few nights last week when I stayed up too late playing Final Fantasy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home