Wednesday, September 15, 2004

The 3rd Annual BBBBB

That would be the third annual Brenden's Birthday Beer and Bowling Bash, happening this Saturday, my birthday, the 18th of September, at various locations around Bozeman, MT. Everyone is invited!

Two years ago on my birthday a few friends, my brother, and I went to a bar for a couple of drinks on my birthday. We ended up finishing a few pitchers of beer pretty quickly and decided to head to the bowling alley just a few blocks away and a tradition was born.

We took up two lanes and the beer flowed like wine all night long. People started heading to the bar to get beer and kept coming back with two pitchers every single time. I don't think that some came back with a single pitch even once all night. I was gently encouraged to drink my share of beer and had to have at least a pitcher over the course of the night, probably into the one-and-a-half to two range. After a few games we all stumbled back to Brian's and my (is that proper grammer? I have never figured that construct out) apartment for a big surprise. Brian had bought me an ice cream cake! Everyone shared and had a piece while crammed into the kitchen/my bedroom (those were the same room--our apartment was exceedingly tiny).

I think I threw up a bunch after everyone left, but that meant I didn't have a hangover the next day, even though I think I called in sick to work. Ha Ha!

Last year we did about the same thing but went to a bowling alley a ways out of town. It was fun, I got really drunk and people had a good time, but it wasn't quite the same as the first year.

I'm hoping that we will have an upswing this year, but it will be difficult to live up to the spontaneous great party from the first year. There are some points in my favor for this weekend though. First is that there will be a bunch of people who hadn't been able to make it to the first two coming this year. Second, it is on a Saturday night so no one has to worry about work in the morning. Third (and this could be a pro or con) we have a great plan for the night. Though the festivities (for me) actually start that morning at a hockey game out at the Valley Ice Gardens at 10am. Hooray. The season is only a month and a half away or so. After that I will probably be taking a nap or just doing nothing. Sometime that night we will all try to get together for dinner, maybe grilling or pizza or something. After that we will head to the in-town bowling alley. Many drinks and a few thrown balls later I think we are planning to head over to a new bar in town called Mixers. It used to be called Little John's where I had seen the Clumsy Lovers the first couple times. It has been totally redone and is supposed to be pretty cool. Then I think after closing down Mixers (2am) we will head downtown to a new restaurant that is open until 4am(!) called The Pita Pit. I understand it gets a little crazy after the bars close down, so that should be exciting.

Anyway, that's the plan. I will certainly report on it after the fact.

3 Comments:

At 7:24 PM, Blogger Steve Eck said...

I'm sad I won't get to attend the BBBBB. Have a beer for me!

 
At 2:09 AM, Blogger newplanet said...

Happy BBBBBirthday BBBBBrenden - I'll drink an Irn-Bru for you in celebration this Saturday!

 
At 8:04 AM, Blogger Brenden Johnson said...

thanks all--I will have multiple beers for all! the party is shaping up to be pretty big--I could have almost 20 people going out with me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home