Monday, August 02, 2004

So lazy...

This weekend was nice and easy.

First on Friday night my friends Emily and Ricarda invited Steph and I over to their house for dinner. It was a speghetti dinner which was very tasty. They also had another friend over with her two kids: a 4 year old girl named Kailyn (probably spelled wrong) and an 8 year old boy named Connor. They were quite entertaining and also entertained by me. Being of average strength I was able to throw them around and wrestle and other various activities. Kailyn really like being flipped around upside down and Connor liked to wrestle. Ricarda and Emily have a trampoline in their back yard so we had to bounce around on that for a while as well. The two kids loved that and Kailyn really liked bouncing while holding my hands, saying that I was "more fun" than Stephanie. She also grilled me on why I would want a girlfriend, I hope my answer was satisfactory. After that we all went and watched Ricarda play softball. Her team lost 19-17 (at least that's the score I heard). Most of the scoring must have gone on in the first couple of innings, which we missed.

Steph's sister Kris flew into town on Friday night and this event helped dictate the events of the rest of the weekend. The first fun activity was floating on the Madison river. You may remember that I had done this just a few weeks prior. This time it was with my friends, so everybody knew everybody else (except Kris, of course). Also this time, we had found the valves for the tractor tire inner tubes that I have so we were able to bring those to float on. They fit 3 people very comfortably and could fit 4 in a pinch. I didn't even get sunburned this time, which was nice.

After that there was a dinner party at my house. My roommate Matt grilled up some burgers and we all chowed down. After dinner Steph, Kris, my soon-to-be roommate Eric and I went for a walk up on Pete's hill. Then we went for ice cream, which to everyone's astonishment (including my own), I didn't partake in. I was just too stuffed from burgers. I only had two of them, but they were huge.

Yesterday I didn't do all that much. In the evening I went to dinner with Steph and Kris at the Ale Works before they went to see Harry Connick Jr. For the rest of the day I sat around mostly, watching Futurama and Family Guy episodes on my computer, those are two funny shows.

Today has been a pretty good day at work so far, it's gone quickly. Tonight Steph, Kris and I are going to see The Brewery Follies in Virginia City, MT. Ricarda went last week sometime and said it was hilarious, so I'm looking forward to it.

This post is a little odd. I started off with a good head of steam and then it tapered off. I guess it kind of goes along with the post's title. Every paragraph is shorter than the one before it.

Including this one. Talk at you later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home