Monday, July 26, 2004

Wow, a whole year?

Steph and I celebrated our one year anniversary this last weekend (it is actually next Sunday, the 1st, but her sister will be in town). It was a nice easy day.

We did a bike ride to the top of Story Hill, north of town and rode down the single/double track trail to the bottom. That made me think I'm not in such horrible shape.

After that we headed over the the Bogert Pool for a cooling off period. Just this year they built three huge water slides. One was pretty straight forward, just bent around one curve and then into the water. A second took a couple of fairly wide turns before dumping you into the drink. The third one had 3 or 4 very tight turns take you all the way down. They were all pretty fun, but I think I was a little big for it (I'm not sure I'm the intended audience). One one of them, I didn't fit all that great around on of the turns. Plus, with my weight, I was able to go pretty fast and got so far up on the sides that I was just sliding over segmented plastic (which was a problem for all 3 slides) instead of water, which didn't feel that great. They were fun nonetheless and we spent maybe an hour in the pool.

Not long after we went out to dinner at Ferraro's Italian Restaurant. It was slightly spendy, but the service was good and the food was very good as well. And hey, it was a special occasion. I even splurged for the veal parmesan and had a glass of wine.

After dinner we headed to the mall to catch Shrek 2. We both enjoyed it but got caught up in high expectations. Friends had been telling us that it was great and had tons of laughs (except, I guess, my brother). It was funny and the characters were all good, but I was a little disappointed from what I was expecting.

Well, that was the highlight of the weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home