Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Moving

I'll be out of my brother's house this weekend. As I mentioned, this means that I won't be around Elaina as much as I've been around Luke for a couple months, but I'm guessing mom and dad are looking forward to having their whole house to themselves again. I will be moving into a luxorious place over in Eden Prairie, which will be way closer to work. I'm looking forward to giving that new commute a test drive on Monday.

So, if I'm moving in real life, why not make a move in cyberspace as well?

I've been on Blogger/Blogspot since last May 13th--almost exactly one year. I've enjoyed it, but had a few frustrations and wrangled the system into submission. But I've seen other websites out there. Websites running on much cooler software with way better features. Features that I probably wouldn't understand or use, but features nonetheless.

Out of the blue a few weeks ago I found a link to Blogsome.com where they have free space for WordPress powered blogs. So I signed up since I had read a few things about how powerful it is. I hadn't really looked into the site I signed up for until this weekend. Just logging in to the dashboard I was blown away. The default themes and features are pretty sweet. A few things that I've noticed that I'm excited about are: a clickable archive calander, static pages (like an "about" page) that aren't in the normal time flow of posts, hosting of images on the same server, and categories for posts.

So after I've finally gotten my Blogger.com blog and profile to the top of Google (you can even see the link to the post where I asked for and got my gmail account--hooray!), and finally getting back into writing, and even gaining a few new readers I know of (Hello Madison, WI and Anchorage, AK!) I'm going to try and start migrating my readership to the new setup. For a little while I'll be double posting so that you won't miss anything (the horror!!) if you go to one site or the other. Also, I'm going to try and point some of the links on this page to the new site, like the header link, and maybe the "Read the whole post" links, if I can figure that out. This also means that two(?) of you will have to change your links some time soon as well, not that I get all that many referrals, but you never know.

Please leave me any feedback on your thoughts on this or on the feel of the new site.

Later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home