Wednesday, April 27, 2005

A Short Lived Romance...

Sorry, that should be "romance", in quotes.

Alas...it was never meant to be.

Though I wouldn't have had it any other way. The cute girl from class and I sat together in class again yesterday. At the lunch break we went together to the hotel restaurant. We pretty much talked the whole time, while I ate my juicy burger and she her turkey(?) sandwich, about all sorts of stuff--just like the night before. Except the focus of the day was relationships, with much of it about her boyfriend back in Florida. (ahhh! rats! just kidding) In the afternoon I made her smile during class a few times while trying to keep her from falling asleep. Afterwards we said good bye and good luck and I headed for the door and she for the elevator. And no, we didn't exchange any info or anything--she doesn't even know my last name.

It helped that I was by far the nearest person to her age in the class, but it's always nice to have a gorgeous woman pay you any attention at all. (guys are so stupid like that) Not to mention that she was interesting and funny. Oh, and it was fun to listen to her talk about her business as it was very different than the cabinet shop my dad is running. There are so many different ways to make cabinets out there, it's crazy.

You know what? She reminds me of comedian Elvira Kurt, with the short hair and big, funny smile. Except she's prettier, has red hair, and freckles.

Dang, now I sound like I'm obsessing. That's not it though, I'm just giving all the details. After this I can't imagine when I'd mention her again.

Anyway. I had another good run with the pup this morning. That's three mornings in a row, which breaks last week's "streak" of two.

My last day of class was pretty interesting today. I learned a lot of interesting stuff which I won't be able to use for a while but can see how the program could really help our business become more efficient. Hopefully I'll be able to figure and configure it all and get it working right.

I suppose that can be it. I've had enough small, disconnected paragraphs about random stuff for one post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home