Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Starting.......NOW!

Ahhh, breaktime...

This morning I began Operation "Look Semi-Good to the Ladies, Again".

Though it is also known by a few other names:

Operation "Get My Lazy Butt Out of Bed at a Reasonable Hour"
Operation "Stop Looking Like a Tub-O-Lard"
Operation "Enjoy a Bit of the Outdoors"
Operation "Do Something Besides Eat, Sleep and Sit Around"

It felt good to get up early and actually do something. Matt and Tom have been getting up to go workout at the club for a few weeks. To help me jump start my own workout I asked Matt to yell at me to get up when he was making breakfast. Hopefully he can do that for me a little while and then I'll be able to get up on my own without too much trouble.

I wish I could say I went on a run, or even a jog, this morning. But my fitness level has fallen to the point where I need to jog with a little walking interspersed. I also took Ole with me. (that's "O-lee", the Norwegian name, not "O-lay" the Spanish exclamation) He was pretty energetic at first and having an 85 pound oaf dragging me and making my legs move a little faster than they would have on my own helped the workout factor. It also gave my arms and hands a good work out holding on to the leash as he zig-zagged back and forth pretty much the entire time. By the home strech he was trotting right along beside me, tongue hanging out, paying attention to nothing but the goal: his house down the street. I let him in the back yard and went to get his bowl of water, but he was too thirsy to wait. He started drinking rain water out of one of Luke's toys that was lying on the deck.

I'm quite proud of myself, but I'll be even prouder if I keep this up and actually start to feel better.

2 Comments:

At 4:52 AM, Blogger newplanet said...

Sorry to be so nosey, but does this mean you're back in the dating market then, Mister J? Or are you just one of those guys who likes to look good for the ladies at all times?

Good luck, either way!

 
At 6:22 AM, Blogger Brenden Johnson said...

HA! Ideally, I would look good for the ladies all of the time, but with comfort can come complacency.
I've been "back on the market" since the end of December. Unfortunately I've not been in a very marketable position since then. Either "lame-duck" living (only a couple months left in Bozeman) or too dang busy adjusting to life in MN and the new job.

I'm not too worried though--what's the hurry, right? As my brother Brian (LAPUNK) and I agree upon, girls are nothing but trouble.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home