Friday, October 29, 2004

Movie: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

I hate writing about the weekend nearly a week late, but here goes:

Steph and I watched Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and both really enjoyed it. I reminded me a little bit of Memento in that the whole movie was out of order timewise and the pieces just kept falling together as the movie progressed. Jim Carrey, who I love as a comic actor, was excellent in his role as a shy guy. You may not believe me but he really nailed it and it seemed really natural for him. I watched some of the DVD special features and it was really interesting to see that some of the visual effects were all done in camera and with set pieces or props. Pretty cool.

For those of you who don't know what it's all about, a relationship ends in pain and the two participants decide to get all memories of the other person erased. I won't say too much else.

The short review is: go see (rent) it. Great story, pretty good characters, great acting, great directing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home