Friday, October 29, 2004

A couple of dinners and breakfast

Last weekend I was fed very well on multiple occasions by my wonderful friends.

On Friday night I was going to head over to Sean and Heidi's to work on their computer and have a bit of steak dinner. This expanded into having Eric and Steph come along and also have a DVD of Ren and Stimpy going as well.

We all got there and the steaks and some chicken was being marinated and going to go on the grill in short order. We also had cheddar cheese and garlic mashed potatoes, green beans, bread, and probably something else I'm forgetting. The steaks (there were 4 of them) were marinated and prepared in a three different ways, so we all shared bits of each one. Everything was great and I was very satisfied after dinner as I started on the computer. I only had to reformat it and reload everything so that they could sell it. Not too hard, just a little time consuming. The Ren and Stimpy was awesome as well.

Then on Saturday night Eric meant to have a bunch of people over for dinner at our house but nearly everyone had to cancel. This meant it was Eric, Steph, our friend and coworker Jonathan, and myself. The dish was chicken pot pie. At least that is what Eric said his grandma called it. But when one says "chicken pot pie" I'm sure everyone is thinking of this. (wow, I googled for "chicken pot pie" and an Amazon link came up! I had no clue that they were partnered with Schwan's and you could order food from them!) I like to call this dish Chicken Pot Pie Stew/Soup/"in a Pot". It was a chicken stew in a big pot with dumpling-link things (that isn't a very appetizing description, but they were my favorite part of the stew, I love dumplings) that were made to look like pieces of a crust. So the four of us shared a couple bowls each, including some tasty bread for dipping and just kind of chilled out. There was a football game on and then we transferred into the watching of MadTV and SNL when the time came. Sean and Heidi came by later to chat as well. It was another filling and pleasant evening.

My friends Sonia and Garrent had come into town on Saturday and I hadn't seen them since Eric had already made the dinner party plans. But I headed over to Emily and Ricarda's house (where they were staying) for breakfast and to see them all. They were making waffles and eggs and bacon. I filled myself up on all of that and then...chilled out for a while and watched some TV. The Vikings were actually on CBS because they were playing the Titans, and AFC team. I can't remember the last time I saw them on ABC, but it was nice because no one without cable TV gets FOX in Bozeman. We tried to figure out something to do and finally decided on going to a movie. The problem was the choice of movies out right now and the times that they were all playing. Garrett and Sonia had to leave in the middle of the afternoon so they could make it to Billings. Garrett is going to be playing hockey in a league in Billings and they were having their "Rate Skate" that night in order to make the teams in the league even.

Again, a very fun and filling time (this time a morning) spent with friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home