Saturday, November 20, 2004

Yikes

So my hockey team had our fourth game tonight. I won't say we played our fourth game today because it's like we didn't show up. We lost 6-2 and it could have easily been worse. We played alright in the first period, but the refs gave us a completely bogus penalty late in the first and from then on we pretty much lost it. Not long after that one of our guys got hauled to the ice while on a breakaway and they gave the guy a penalty instead of a penalty shot. That was pretty much it. From then on we weren't in the game at all.

I personally had a horrible game, I don't know what was wrong. I think I was worrying about the rest of the team a little too much and not worrying about what I should have been doing. The main thing that was making me mad was how the rest of the defensemen really weren't playing defense. It's understood that most of the players on defense are the better players in the team. So we're encouraged to take the puck up and try to score every once in a while. But lately the defense have been thinking goal first and defense second. Not that thinking defense first helped me out there tonight. Anyway, following are the stats:

DateResOppScore+/-GAPShotsPIM
11/20/04LBeavers2-6-300020
TOTALS1-311-16-111280

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home