Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Traditions

Many people and many families around this great country will partake in multitudinous traditions this weekend. I know one that I will engage in will be eating copious amounts of food. I would be watching lots of football tomorrow if I weren't flying for most of the day. I'm guessing my family will also play some cards or some board games and some pool.

One tradition that I will be experiencing tonight is something my roommate has been doing for 12 straight years and was described by a friend of his as "The stupidest Thanksgiving tradition ever". With that kind of praise how could I not want to join in?

It is simple, we are going to watch his VHS copy of Son in Law. That is right, I will be enjoying Thanksgiving Eve with Pauly Shore (whose character in the movie is named "Crawl"). Luckily, to soften the blow Eric baked two pumpkin pies last night. He even made the pie crust from scratch. They have been cooling in the frig all night and day and will be ready to eat tonight. Of course, we'll only dip into one, as he is probably going to a friend's house tomorrow and will be bringing the other. Combine the pie with some whipped cream and I'll be ready to watch anything.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home