Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Poor Press

I know you can't believe every review of every movie, but I knew that I didn't think Alexander looked good for a reason.

It's strange, because I think that this would be the type of movie I'd normally like, but ever since the first preview I've had my doubts about it. To be sure, my dislike didn't stem from any preview or actual watching of the movie. It boiled down to a few things: I don't like Colin Ferrell very much, I don't like Angelina Jolie all that much (and for some reason she looks extra-unappealing to me in this movie), and there's some line in the trailer that sounds like it was taken straight out of Braveheart (which I loved)--come up with something original.

Also, the reviews for Polar Express all seem to have the same gripe I have with it (just from viewing the trailers). Which is that the characters all look creepy and weird.

Oh, and as a side note, I was shocked. SHOCKED, I say, to see National Treasure getting mostly negative reviews.

2 Comments:

At 7:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked National Treasure, actually. But I went in with low expectations, and was pleasantly suprised.

I actually thought Alexander looked semi-decent from its previews and I was disapointed to read all the negative reviews. I guess I'll have to skip it.

I don't really want to see Colin Ferrell in love scenes with Jared Leto anyways.

 
At 7:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and I posted my review of National Treasure before I saw your post on it. Honest.

Unlike someone's SoTN review. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home