Monday, October 11, 2004

Tip-top shape

I start hockey in about a month. A month! I am not in shape. I am going to be hurting. So I've been trying to get out running with Steph lately, and I have been. And on days I haven't run we go on a nice long walk, like on Saturday we walked around downtown on a very pleasant afternoon. We went running on both Friday and Sunday. I felt a-okay after the run on Friday but I am really feeling my run from yesterday. My hamstrings are so tight, yikes. I already thinking about the pain from being in the field tomorrow and then my volleyball game tomorrow night. I hope I don't pull anything.

I just have to keep stretching and keep the ol' legs active and I'm hoping they'll get themselves back together. At least hockey isn't so hard on the body, it's all about gliding and being smooth instead of the hard pounding or running or basketball or even volleyball.

2 Comments:

At 6:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHAT!!!!!!!!!YOU CALLEN HOCKEY A WUSSSSSSY SPORT...IT HURTS THE HEART! DCJ

 
At 7:00 PM, Blogger Brenden Johnson said...

I'm saying that hockey is easier, stress-wise, on the legs. When I'm on the ice I'm smooth, I glide from stride to stride.
With running, each step is pounding the pavement or ground. In basketball all you do is start and stop and cut on a "sticky" wood floor, which is tough on the old knees and groin.
I'm doing the running and other stuff to help out my lungs a little bit, where hockey really hurts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home