Monday, October 04, 2004

Made it back

Well, I'm back. And back to work.

The trip was good. It was both long and short. Long on miles, short on minutes. It was fun to see my family and actually get to see a couple friends. I got into town way earlier than I thought we would but it still seems like I didn't get to do everything I wanted to.

The Gophers did win their game against Penn State, 16-7. I was happy with a win, but not overly thrilled with the performace. As their coach send in the post game press conference, they were good on defense, but inconsistant on offense. And the kicking game. Yeee-ouch! Rhys Lloyd (nickname Winston (as in Churchill)--he's from Dover, England) had probably the worst game of his career. One blocked PAT and two blocked fieldgoals! That's 7 easy points right there. Oh well, a win's a win.

I spent most of my time at Matt and Jenny's house playing with the dog, Ole (think Norwiegian name) and my nephew, Luke. Both were fun and hilarious as always, especially when together. Matt and Jen are doing very well and are actually expecting another child in May--everyone is pretty excited.

My parents, Eric, and I got to have lunch at our friends Paul and Laura. It was really nice to see them and I know my parents enjoyed seeing them too. My parents saw them in May for Steph's birthday party, but before that it had been ages.

One thing I didn't get to do was go to Cold Stone Creamery. Steph and I went to the one in the Mall of America when we were home in May and wow did I enjoy it. I had cake batter ice cream with peanut butter cups and chocolate chip cookie dough mixed in. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. And we didn't have time! Oh well. I did get to eat at the Big 10 restaurant in Stadium Village on campus after the game. That was fun and nostalgic.

I think that's just about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home