Friday, October 08, 2004

Tonight Tonight

What a lazy afternoon this is. It is beautiful outside and I am sitting in a quiet office. I think there are like 4 people in my building today. It's way too nice here.

Tonight some friends and I are going to a hay maze. We went last year and had tons of fun, even when Steph got lost. Basically this farm outside of town built a huge maze built of bales of hay. The walls are maybe four bales high with some tunnels or other passages made of two bales so you have to crawl through, under, or over. One nice feature is that if you get really lost you can call for help. The owners are walking all over the maze up on the walls ready to help anyone out if needed. I can't wait.

Before that I'll probably be sitting at home watching the Twins game. They are playing the hated Yankees in game 3 at the Metrodome. The series is tied 1-1 and the Twinkies really need this win to move on and what a huge win it would be.

Then, as some of you might know, I am going to be watching my beloved Gophers beat up on the Wolverines of Michigan tomorrow morning. The game is at 10am Mountain Time and is being held at Michigan Stadium, the Big House, in front of what will be around 110, 000 people. The only issue is that the game is scheduled to be on ESPN. But the baseball playoffs are going on and if there is a game tomorrow morning (I think there will be) it would preempt the college football game. As a contingency the network has moved the game to ESPN Classic and will be the first live football game ever showed on that channel. This is all well and good but I don't get ESPN Classic. So I will have to go and wake up my old roommate Matt in the morning and watch the game out at his house where they have satellite TV.

The Gophers haven't beat the Wolverines since 1986 . Just last year the Gophers went into the 4th quarter leading 28-7, on their way to rushing for 425 yards for the game, the most ever given up by Michigan. Only to lose the game 38-35, making it the biggest comeback in Michigan history. A victory in this game would have most likely propelled the Gophs to the Rose Bowl, where they haven't played since 1961. But instead we got a huge punch to the stomach in watching the axles come off in that fourth quarter. They just couldn't stop the screen pass. Over and over and over. It still makes me sick to think about it. Though all of those feelings could be erased with a win this time. Again, it could propel them to the "Granddaddy of Them All".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home