Thursday, September 30, 2004

Road Trip!

My roommate Eric and I are heading out on the road tonight. Towards the beautiful state of Minnesota. Before he moved to Missoula last year we decided we'd make a road trip to Minneapolis to see my Gophers play his Penn State Nittany Lions. I'm really looking forward to seeing a Gophs game in person for the first time in a long while and also to see my family and maybe a few friends. My parents are coming up from Chicago for the weekend as well, so it will be a fun time. Hopefully Eric won't be too uncomfortable.

We'll leave soon after I leave work early today. The drive is just about 1000 miles and takes between 14 and 15 hours. We'll probably pull over at a rest stop tonight some time and try to catch a few Zs. We'll be staying at my brother's house but my parent's will be staying at my godparents' abode, so I'm sure we'll visit there as well.

I don't know what we'll listen to on the way out. Steph and I have listened to Stephen King's The Dark Tower series on our two trips to MN. I think Eric has "Rita Hayworth and The Shawshank Redemption", the Stephen King novella that inspired "The Shawshank Redemption", one of my favorite movies. The problem is that he has it on tape and my car only has a CD player. I might see if there is some way we can hookup a walkman and some speakers, but if not, oh well.

The trip is just for the football game, which is Saturday night, so we'll be heading back to Bozeman on Sunday and I'll be back at work on Monday.

2 Comments:

At 11:16 AM, Blogger newplanet said...

Wow - you must really be a fan of the Gophers to drive that kinda distance! I was trying to figure it out and I reckoned that if I kept driving South for 1000 miles I might be in France! (if not smack-bang in the middle of the English Channel.)

Enjoy the trip and... uhm, "Drive Carefully" (you might want to imagine it's your dad saying that, for extra effect!)

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger Brenden Johnson said...

thanks. I got that from both my parents last night as well as Steph, one more can't hurt.

I definitely am a fan, but it helps to have another college football fan to make the trip. If Eric wasn't going, I wouldn't be going. Plus, having family in Minneapolis makes it a lot easier.

I would think a drive from Scotland to France wouldn't be that bad. Most of my drive is spent in Eastern Montana and North Dakota--not the most interesting looking places. The very west of ND is nice, but the rest is flat and boring.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home