Tuesday, September 21, 2004

The Story of a Day

When last we heard I was sore from hockey and heading towards a tailgate party before the MSU Bobcat's football game. Well, it didn't quite work out the way I wanted it.

First I was running late from hockey and trying to take a quick shower. Then I got a phone call (a wonderful birthday wish from my parents), then some people we were meeing to go to the game with weren't ready. Rrrr, it all added up to not even making the kickoff or first touchdown of the game, let alone the tailgating before hand. Oh well.

The game itself was mostly fun, as are most football games in an outdoor stadium. Though we actually missed the best plays of the game while heading to the game. The defence made an interception and then the offense turned the opportunity into a touchdown. That's pretty much the only thing that went right the whole game for the Bobcats. They missed at least 2 short field goals and really couldn't get anything done. I was pretty happy that I don't have anything invested (emotionally) in this team, it could be a long season. Since we missed the tailgating Steph and I had to pony up for some overpriced, not-that-good concessions food. Even my old standby, the big soft pretzel, wasn't that good, it wasn't all that soft!

I said that the game was mostly fun. It would have gone a long way towards "completely fun" had the weather cooperated or had I actually brought appropriate clothing. Before too long the sun started dissappearing behind gigantic clouds and the wind started to pick up. It had been a beautiful morning so I had stupidly only prepared for a beautiful day: I was wearing shorts, a t-shirt, and open toed sandals. When the rain started falling in the 4th quarter, Steph and I decided we had had enough of watching a football team we really didn't care about and headed for home.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home