Monday, October 11, 2004

Chillin'

Ahhh, what a night.

Work was inexplicably tiring today. Too much standing. Sometimes I think that standing is more tiring than walking around doing stuff. My boss and I were making network patch cables to connect one half of a building's computers to the switch on the other half. So we just stood there cutting and stripping cable, unwinding twisted pairs, and crimping. It doesn't sound difficult for a reason: it's not; but I'm tired nonetheless. (that's been one of my favorite words, along with nevertheless, ever since probably Junior High when I found out that it is in fact one word.)

After work my wonderful girlfriend took me out to dinner at Burger Bob's. Their motto is "Same Day Service". In the front window is a neon sign that says "Sorry, We're Open". It's a darn tasty restaurant. A big beefy burger and some greasy fries was just what I needed to get some energy back. Steph and I had a very enjoyable dinner sharing a banana malt. I surprised Steph by ordering it instead of my standby, vanilla. But she said it was her favorite and I wanted to share it, so I went for it. I was very pleasantly surprised and liked it a lot. I may even order it again sometime!

I then came home and did some dishes. (how's that for initiative!) And now I'm just sitting in my basement listening to the soothing sounds of Armin van Buuren. I'm periodically checking the score of the Monday Night Football game. It's only the first quarter and the Titans are up 17-0 on the Packers. Go Titans! My college football weekend may have sucked but at least the Vikes won and maybe the Packers will lose, too. I've also been writing this and for my other blog. I'm pretty content right now.

It may not seem like a big thing but I'm also going to strech a couple times tonight. My legs are still feeling my run yesterday, and I'm heading to the field tomorrow, I'm glad, but my legs are dreading climbing of any sort.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home