Monday, August 09, 2004

Long Weekend

Don't you love those weekends where it seems like you've been away from work for a whole week? When I walked into work this morning it felt like it had been forever since I'd done it.

Friday night...I can't really remember, but I don't think I did very much. Oh, I remember, Steph and I just watched some TV and played Sequence. Tina gave me that game a few years ago for my birthday--it's simple and fun.

Then on Saturday morning I got up at about 6:45am and headed to the starting line of the Bozeman Classic 5K race. Steph and I signed up earlier in the week and ran the race together. It was my first race ever and Steph's second. We ran it in 29:14, which works out to 9:24 miles, which we were both happy with. This was with zero training on my part and Steph has only been out running a couple of times. It was fun but my legs were ultra sore for the rest of the weekend, thankfully I'm feeling much better today.

After the race on Saturday we mostly did Sweet Pea Festival activites. We watched the Children's 1K run followed by the parade. Then we went to the festival grounds and watched a number of different performers and walked through the artisans' shops. All in all a really fun day. After the fest we went out with a few friends for some drinks, but I was too beat to stay out and called it a night midway through hanging out at the first bar.

On Sunday morning we headed up to "Church in the Park". The festival had brought in an acapella singing group from North Carolina called "The Gospel Julilators". They sang a bunch of spiritual songs and were very good and entertaining at the same time.

I didn't do much important for the rest of the day before going and meeting Steph and her dad later that night to see the Jubilators again and then going out for a few drinks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home