Monday, January 10, 2005

A New Boss in Town

For those of you who don't know, my dad has been in the process of buying a cabinet making business called "Anderson Millwork" in Eden Prairie (a suburb of Minneapolis). He has been in the due dilligence period for a little while and finally closed on the business on Friday. In the culmination of a lifelong dream, he is the owner of his own business.

While they don't have a web presense yet, so I can't give you a site, that is something he's working on getting done fairly soon. The cabinets that they specialize in are called framed-inset (I'm pretty sure that's correct), which are very custom and require a high degree of craftsmanship and are not the kind that you'd see rows and rows of at a Lowe's or Home Depot, which are called frameless or European.

I couldn't be prouder of him (though maybe I will be when he is the kingpin of the cabinet market throughout the United States) and am very happy for him. I can't wait to get back to Minneapolis some time in the near future to check the place out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home