Saturday, September 18, 2004

10-3!

Ouch. Hockey is fun but losing 10 to 3 hurts. Especially when you're out of shape and sucking wind the whole time. Especially when you have a stiff knee and sore groin from basketball the morning before. But I did get an assist. A puck was drawn back to the point (I'm a defenceman) on a face off in our offensive zone. A defender was coming to cover me so I had to get a shot off quick. I turned and fired a pretty hard shot in the direction of the net. It was way off target and heading for a teammate. He wasn't fast enough to get out of the way or to get his stick on it. All he had time to do was turn his body a little bit as the puck hit him in the hip. His turn deflected the puck right into the open net! I was pretty excited.

Now I am going to a tailgate party before heading to the Bobcat football game, my first one. The party day has begun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home