Monday, August 23, 2004

Powerless...to...resist

Have I mentioned that I'm a fan boy of certain geeky franchises? If I haven't, I just want you to know that I am.

Anyway, this recent post at Slashdot indicates that the "original" idea might be back in motion--a 9 movie epic, with 3 sequels to the original trilogy. Of course the article that mentions this rumor (it's only a rumor) is difficult to get to (as per the slashdot effect), so I don't know the source or anything. One comment mentions a post on a forum at TheForce.net.

Here is a forum thread talking about it. I don't think it's the original, but hey, I didn't look too hard.

My question is "How much money does George Lucas think he needs?"

I have mixed feelings about this. If George decides to go it alone and write and direct everything it's not going to be a pretty sight. If he actually hires some writers and directors, I think a lot of people would be even more exited than they would be anyway.

We will just have to see what the future holds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home