Friday, August 13, 2004

Kill Bill...oh wait

So I was going to review my recent viewings of both Kill Bill Vol. 1 and Vol. 2 since Steph and I watched Vol. 1 two nights ago and were set up to watch Vol. 2 last night.

My company picnic was last night--almost everyone comes out and brings sidedishes while the company provides the meat and the drinks (including a keg and a half of beer). Steph and I brought the watermelon, which people liked (though I do not). I had a few bbq'd beef sandwiches and some fruit and one beer. Nothing on that list seems like it could be a recipe for disaster, right? Little did I know...

After eating I threw a football around with some of the guys and their kids and talked with a number of people. It was a fun time. After a while we left and on our way home we decided to go rent Kill Bill Vol. 2 and complete the movie. The whole time I was feeling a little "full" from the food I had eaten. We got to my house and popped the movie in. We were enjoying it until around the 1 hour mark and I started feeling worse than "full". Something was amiss.

Disclaimer:

For those of you who know me, you know that I like to go into detail about anything and everything. So for those who are squeemish and more sensitive, you may not want to click on the link below.



Okay, I won't go into ultra detail. But I started making repeated trips to the bathroom--which, luckily, is right across from my bedroom. The first few times, not much happened, it just felt like something was going to happen, and it felt like something could happen on either end...and something did.

The first time I threw up it was fairly violent. I let go with 4-5 mighty heaves, emptying what (I thought) was everything in my stomach into the toilet. It didn't feel that great, though I did feel slightly better afterwards. One of the anti-perks of throwing up with force is the chunks that get stuck in your teeth. That's always fun to pick those out after you thought you were done with your business. Another thing, since there was "splash damage" I had to step into the shower, where I blew my nose a couple of times. You know you threw up too much when your snot contains vomitus (what a great word).

Well, I kept making trips to the bathroom for quite some time, though we did get to proceed to the 1 hour and 30 minute point of the movie in between all the interrupts. At some point (about 11:45pm) my lovely girlfriend took a trip to Safeway to pick me up a couple of things, some Pepto Bismol (which I had never used before and didn't taste that bad), some Sprite (which I'm drinking right now--it's like Scrubbing Bubbles for my stomach--yikes, I could go on with a story about that--the Scrubbing Bubbles I mean, but I'll leave it for either later or never), and some tic-tacs. She was the last person served last night, whew!

The second time I threw up (No, the Pepto didn't seem to work and I'll leave it to the readers imagination to come up with what all the other trips were for) wasn't as violent but, with less material to work with, I had to end with the dry heaves, which completely (if you don't mind me using an inappropriate idiom) blow chunks. After wards I kept making trips across the hall when needed and I took some more Pepto, to see if it would help.

Even though Pepto says it works for "nausea" I don't think that means "any feeling that could make you throw up". We decided, after throwing up for the third time which was really nothing more than Pepto coming up, that food poisoning and the like are not really affected by the pink coating stuff. If something is really wrong and needs to exit, it's going to get itself out of there.

Well, that's my story. Aren't you sorry you read it? I'm feeling way better but still way bad this morning, so I'm at home. Hopefully I'll feel better after today so I can enjoy my weekend.


Take care!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home