Thursday, July 15, 2004

Oakenfold

As I alluded to in my last post I am driving to Minneapolis tomorrow night. Well, I am starting the drive tomorrow night. Steph is coming with me and she has to babysit for a BBQ tomorrow night until about 10pm. So we'll be heading out of town late. I am going to try and take a nap tomorrow evening and then head right out when Steph is done. Then I will drive as far as I can while Steph sleeps. If she can drive then she'll drive a little bit.

Even if I can only drive a couple of hours and Steph is too tired we would be at Billings and have that much less to drive on Saturday. Plus, we'll already be on our way and won't be as prone to delays while running around before leaving.


We should roll into the Heartland sometime Saturday afternoon or evening and we'll pull up to my brother Matt's house. Once there I am sure that chilling out will commence along with the consuming of barbequed meat products and tasty beverages.

I've been in their house before when it was empty so I am curious to see what they've done with the place. Plus, they have a pool. Hopefully my sunburns won't feel too bad and I'll be able to catch some rays and play in the pool.

The reason that this particular weekend was chosen for a trip to the great state of Minnesota was that there is a show I'm going to on Sunday night at The Quest Club downtown Minneapolis with Steve and maybe a couple other people. The headliner is Paul Oakenfold and also showing is Sandra Collins.

When I moved to Montana I became immersed in techno/trance music while living with my brother Brian. He and his best bud Keith (who is now running a safari lodge in Costa Rice) were big into techno and electronic music. Before too long it started to grow on me and Paul Oakenfold was one of the big reasons why. He helped jump start this genre of music after a trip to the Spanish Mediterranean island of Ibiza (which I've been on, but not for clubbing) back in 1987 . He's now recognized as one of the best DJs in the world but he doesn't seem to often tour in the US. So when I found out about this chance to see him I had to jump on it. I don't know much about Sandra Collins, but I've read a few things online that tell me she will put on a heck of a show as well.

So I'm looking forward to a great weekend. Family, friends and fun. What more could a guy ask for?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home