Wednesday, July 07, 2004

4th of July Weekend part 3 (Spiderman 2)

Well, this post *for sure* won't be as long as the last two. After doing some laundry and grabbing a bit to eat and resting on the couch in front of the TV, Steph and I went to see Spiderman 2. On the way to the theater we stopped at Baskin Robbins for some well-deserved (again) ice cream.

I had really enjoyed the first Spiderman and Stephanie liked it too, proven by the fact that it is one of 5 movies that she actually owns. Both of us had heard how good it is, and even going in with such high expectations I still enjoyed it immensely.


The action was good, the dialog was good, the CG was good, the cameos and little tributes to comic books were good. Pretty much everything was good. One thing I really like about this series is the chemistry (that I see) between Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst. For whatever reason a lot of people don't seem to like Dunst. I must be lucky that I haven't seen any of her other movies to not have this bias. It isn't that she's a *great* actress, even in Spiderman, but it just seems that the two characters actually like being together in the movie. At the time the first Spiderman came out I compared their chemistry to the chemistry between Hayden Christensen and Natalie Portman (Anakin Skywalker and Padme Amidala) in Star Wars 2: Attack of the Clones, and in this case by "chemistry" I mean "complete lack of chemistry". Now, I certainly can't blame them for atrocious writing and dialog (thanks George Lucas!) but I don't believe for one second that they are in love or even want to be close to one another.

Anyway, to sum up, Spiderman 2 is good. If you liked the first one, or are a comic book fan, or even a comic book movie fan, you will probably enjoy it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home